The word arthritis come from the Greek arthron meaning ?joint? and the Latin itis meaning ?inflammation?.
The plural of arthritis is arthritides. Arthritis affects the musculoskeletal system, specially the joints. It is the main cause of disability among people over fifty-five years of age in developed countries.
Arthritis is a joint disorder feature inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two bones meet. A joint functions to allow group of the body parts it connects. Arthritis literally means irritation of one or more joints. Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain.
For more information please visit himalayahomeremedies.com
A diagnosis of arthritis is made after an assessment of symptoms, a physical examination and one or more diagnostic imaging tests. Unfortunately, most types of arthritis are currently incurable ? but today?s handling options can be very effective.
Treatment typically involves a recipe of anti-inflammatory medication and devices to relieve stress on the joint (canes, crutches or splints).
Regular exercise, weight loss for round patients, and cortisone injections may also be helpful.
In severe cases, orthopedic surgery such as joint replacement may be the only way to improve or restore function and relieve pain.?
Moreover you should tell your doctor about all the medicines that you have been taking before opting for Arthritis medication.
This helps in plummeting the side effects of the drugs and to avoid harmful reactions between the drugs that may occur. Many drugs are reserved for short period in order to bring about temporary relief or to control intense flares.
There are different arthritis cure options for you. Most persons who are suffering from Arthritis do not need surgery for complete cure.
But in cases where the symptom are very painful and hamper daily activity totally then a surgery can drastically cut down pain and helps the person to recover from Arthritis.
Surgery generally involves removal of the damaged or chronically inflamed tissue or in some cases by replacing the join completely with an artificial joint.
Home Remedies for Arthritis?
1. A gentle massage with olive oil (warm) helps make well arthritic pains. Hot vinegar can also be used.
2. Regularly taking one cup of hot water with two teaspoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder two times a day can show encouraging results within a month.
3. Take one teaspoon of sandalwood powder and add water just enough to make a paste and apply on the affected area.
4. Dandelion leaf and dandelion root recover the functioning of kidney and liver respectively, thereby curing arthritic symptoms happening due to the abnormal functioning of kidney and liver.
5. Boswellia herb is beneficial in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
6. Mix 2-3 pieces of camphor inside warm coconut oil or mustard oil. Massage the stiff and aching joints with this mixture to increase blood supply and reduce inflammation and stiffness.
7. Taking green gram soup two times on a daily basis is yet another effective home remedy for arthritic pains. To get ready this soup, mix one tablespoon of green gram in a cup of water and add two crushed garlic cloves in it.
8. The magnesium present in Epsom Salt soothes and relaxes stiff joints and muscles. Add three cups of Epsom Salt in hot bath water and soak in it.
Read more on Home Remedies for Arthritis and Arthritis Home Remedies and Herbal Breast Enlargemnt